Saturday 12 April 2014

Final preparations

It is the night before... I am not going to be able to sleep much! I have been carb loading much of the day, culminating in a huge plate of pasta for tea. I have packed my kit bag with flip flops, Vaseline, tissues and spare clothes for afterwards; my race bag is packed with jelly babies and energy gels, lip salve and paracetamol; my shoes are relaced with my PanCan UK purple laces and my timing chip is attached; and my fingernails are painted...


I cannot quite believe it is actually here now, and I still cannot comprehend how I am going to run (/walk) 26.2 + miles tomorrow. I have no idea how I am going to feel, either before or after, but I am going to try my very best to make it to the end, somehow.

And this is the "Before" photo. Some time next week, when I have recovered enough and gathered my thoughts, I shall blog again with the story of my race, and there may be an "After" photo!



Off to bed now.





No comments:

Post a Comment